Friday, February 18, 2011

24-Foot Light-Up Cross: Godly or Gaudy??

 
(Link to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette below)


A Pennsylvania man erected a 24-foot lighted cross on his year in retaliation for his neighbor calling the police over his construction vehicles.  LOVE the story and the coverage on this.  I was going to blog about it on the first day I heard it, but it works out that I waited – he is taking down the cross due to the “fame.”

Personally, I would’ve but up a big red “A” facing his window.  But that’s just me.

I’ve posted a few stories below because this has to be some of the funniest town-level religious drama I’ve read in awhile.  I’m guessing Pittsburgh doesn’t have a lot of these controversies by the amount of attention it seemed to have gotten, but I loved the headlines that called the cross “annoying.”

Man Annoys Neighbors With Giant Lighted Cross:

The in-depth newspaper exposé of the feud:

The local leaders tell the man it’s gotta go:

The Fame Monster gets the guy; the light of Jesus is snuffed out once again:

Wow.

Thank you, by the way, to all of my new friends on Facebook!!  Hopefully I can catch up on my greetings and postings soon!

S.A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment