Monday, July 5, 2010

United States Receives "Creation"


Great news!

But first of all, Happy 4th of July!  I hope everyone got a chance to celebrate America's Birthday (and one of the least-religiously-linked holidays we get in this country)!  I personally thanked all of the atheist, agnostic, deist and skeptical founding fathers who made this country what it is today.  I spent the day watching the History Channel's marathon of "The Story of US," which I just loved.  It's like everything I learned in one year of 7th grade civics all condensed into one day of exciting high-def viewing experiences.  Really, my biggest impression was that, in general, America is a hard-working, work-loving, opportunity-making populace, and has been that way throughout its history.  It also left me thinking, "Damn, can we get a break?!" Our current economic situation seems pretty mild compared to all of the other crisis that we have faced.  And for the Pat Robertsons of the world who really think that every hurricane is a punishment from God for recent behavior or the people who say our weather is totally wacky in ways we've never seen before due to some new global warming - watch the segment on the freaky dust storms that swept across the country.  Hurricanes look pretty normal after that.  And while I'm in this psudo-review, I'll mention that my favorite segment was the invention of the light bulb.  :)

ANYWAY, the great news!! I saw an advertisement for the "Creation" movie!  It was released a few days ago on DVD in the US.  That made me smile.

May The Fourth Be With You!

S.A.M.

1 comment:

  1. I commented on this before but I think the blogger comments were temporarily broken since the comment didn't show up. Anyway, I was just saying that I thought it was a very insightful movie and it's about time it was released in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete